- He then matriculated at DePauw University, where he received his B.A. degree in political science.
- Joined the Indiana Army National Guard and served from 1969–1975, attaining the rank of Sergeant.
- While serving in the Guard, he earned a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree in 1974 at Indiana University School of Law Indianapolis.
- Became an investigator for the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Indiana Attorney General in July 1971
- Became an administrative assistant to Governor Edgar Whitcomb. From 1973 to 1974
- Was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from Indiana's 4th congressional district in 1976
- Became the youngest person ever elected to the U.S. Senate from the state of Indiana 1980
- Reelected to the Senate in 1986 with the largest margin ever achieved to that date by a candidate in a statewide Indiana race.
- Next became VP
- In 1982, Palin enrolled at Hawaii Pacific College but left after her first semester
- Transferring in 1983 to North Idaho College
- Then to the University of Idaho
- Attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska for one term
- Won the Miss Wasilla Pageant beauty contest 1984
- Returned to the University of Idaho to complete her Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism, graduating in 1987.
- In 1988, she worked as a sports reporter for KTUU-TV in Anchorage, Alaska
- Sarah Palin was elected twice (1992 and 1995) to the city council of Wasilla.
- Palin served two terms (1996–2002) as mayor of Wasilla town of 6,300 residents
- Ran unsuccessfully for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor.
- Governor Murkowski appointed her to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission 2003
- Resigned in January 2004, protesting what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Republican members.
- 2006 Palin became Governor of Alaska
- Now VP Republican candidate.
Looks to me that Palin makes Dan Quayle look like freakin' Stephen Hawking.....just a thought